We will all encounter unreasonable behaviour or a 'difficult' colleague at some point.
Often this behaviour has no real effect on us, but we can find it uncomfortable to observe. Sometimes though, it can cause us real difficulty and make our working lives unpleasant.
In this fascinating and extremely popular workshop, you'll discover how to prevent many ‘difficult' behaviours as well as a wealth of tools and techniques to deal with those which arise regardless of your attempts to prevent them.
We'll explore a range of specific behaviours, including:
- Aggressive people – the verbal bully and the intimidating person
- The extraterrestrial (the person from another planet)
- The victim – the person who believes that the world and you are somehow plotting against them
- The “mood Hoover” – the negative person who sucks the positive energy out of a room and has a default setting of “no”
- The know-all – the person who knows more than anyone else about everything and is determined to prove it
- The lazy person – the person who does the least possible in the greatest possible time
- The yes but no but – the person who talks a good talk and fails to deliver